Sunday 28 September 2008

My first awards!

Wow - just seen that my friend Pauline has given me TWO awards! I've been so busy this weekend (one flatmate moving out, and another moving in, and loads of music to arrange), that I've only just seen the comment she left me on Friday!

The first is the 'Wylde Women' Award, the purpose of which is to to send love to and acknowledge women who brighten your day, teach you new things and live their lives fully with generosity and joy.


The rules are:

1 You can give it to one or one hundred and any number in between - your choice.

2. Make sure you link to their site.

3. Link back to this blog site http://www.tammyvitale.com/ so Tammy can visit all these wonderful women.

4. Remember the purpose of the award.

Now, I've been inspired by so many fabulous blogs, so much so that I just HAD to start my own blog! Most of those that I would like to nominate, already have this award (quite rightly so!), and I hope that nobody will mind if I give them a second one!

Tracie whom I met through the Penny Black Saturday Challenge, and encouraged me to start my own blog.

Lorraine for her friendship and all of her wonderfully inspiring cards.

Emma who makes me laugh, and is generously giving her time to organising a card appeal for Support Our Soldiers.

I would also give this award back to Pauline for her friendship, and all the helpful advice she gave me when I was setting up my blog, if I were allowed!


The second award is the JAVABLU award.






The rules are:
1. The winner can put the logo in her/his blog.

2. Put a link back to the person who gave you the award.

3. Nominate at least 5 persons with a blog, but first you have to tell why you want to give it to those persons.

4. Put a link to those you have nominated.

5. Visit the blogs to the nominees and tell them you gave them an award!

Again, it's not difficult to think of people that deserve this award, but they already have this one too!


Julie whose cards I have always admired from when I first spotted her gallery on the Docrafts forum a year or so ago.

Cathy for her friendship and her fab cards!

Jo for her friendship and her constantly positive outlook on life!

Lorraine for her friendship and stunningly beautiful cards.

Mand for her friendship and fab gorgeous cards.

Tracie for her encouragement setting up my blog, and all her fabulous cards.

Thanks Pauline for these two awards!

I did find a couple of hours this evening to make a few cards, but couldn't get any decent photos taken under the yellow glow of the energy-saving lightbulbs, so I'll have to wait 'til tomorrow to upload those!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Helen ... you're welcome:-) yes we had a fab crafting weekedn ... results already on my blog!! Look forward to seeing your new cards tomorrow
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you Helen. I had a great time at the retreat - will hopeflly manage to get the result on 'pooter today.
    Hope the new flatmate settles in!
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen thank you so much! I'm infamous for never collecting them but they are appreciated all the same.
    (Think I might have to do one giant post just of awards and tags! LOL!) Thanks hun its really lovely of you.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on your awards hun - well deserved. And thank you so much for thinking of me - you've made my day.
    thanks hun
    have a great week
    hugs :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for thinking of me (I know I'm a bit late!) and congrats to you too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x