Wednesday 29 October 2008

Cuttlebug Challenge #5

This is the first time I've made a card for this challenge, but as I've got a bit more time to craft this week, I thought I'd give it a go. The challenge this week is to create a project embossing on a metallic finish - perfect for yet another Christmas card! I've used two embossing folders on this card: 'Swiss Dots' on the pearlised blue backing paper, and 'Snowflakes' on the metallic silver paper. The text paper is by DCWV (from the 'Christmas' stack), the sentiment stamp is by Three Bugs in a Rug, and the main image is from the Penny Black 'Christmas Critters' set.
The card was tricky to photograph because of all the shiny paper...but at least it clearly shows the embossing!
If you're a Cuttlebug fan, and haven't seen this challenge before, have a look here for some fabulous projects and great ideas of new ways of using your bug.



5 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous card helen .. love the blues and silver. I really must get out my Christmas Critters and start using them - your ideas are inspiring.
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card, it has a great metallic effect using the silver card, well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, This is a beautiful card! I love the layers, and the work you did on the embossing is great. This is my first visit to your blog, but it certainly will be a frequent place to visit from now on :-) Nice work!

    BettyBee

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card the silver panel is fab
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Cuttlehugs
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh so pretty - love that stamp (one of my favourites - I have used it loads) and the way you have used it.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x