Monday 23 February 2009

Colour Create Challenge #4

The colour combination for this week's Colour Create Challenge is 'Pink & Grey'...not a combination I'd used before, and after a rootle through my stash, I couldn't even find any suitable papers! Now, I'm a bit of a paper addict, and I honestly thought I'd got all eventualities covered! lol So, I decided not to use any patterned paper at all...shock horror!...and have used a couple of shades each, of pink and grey card. I ran a piece of each colour through my Cuttlebug, with the 'Swiss Dots' and 'Spots & Dots' folders, to add some texture. My main image is by 'Henry - Celebrating Mouse' by Whiff of Joy - I usually colour him brown, but I think he looks good in grey too. The optional extra this week is 'Cute & Cuddly'...well Henry is definitely cute, and he's cuddling a cupcake...
I've combined him with a sentiment from the Hero Arts 'Cupcakes' set, the flowers are from Poppicrafts, the grey brads are by Papermania, the heart-shaped brad is from Tescos, and the lace is from Hobbycraft.


12 comments:

  1. woww helen,what a gorgeous card.

    hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! The image is adorable and I love the heart brad.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet Helen, I love the colour combo!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovley card, it just goes to show you dont always need all these papers. Love the image he is def cute and cuddly.
    Lyndsey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card, the image is so sweet and the colours gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Helen and such a super cute image, I have so got to buy this little fella :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya Helen. fabulous card, I love the image and your layout. joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty,the image is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so cute, a great colour combo and fab image

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant Helen ... great way of doing the pink/grey combo and so cute!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is stunning the image is so cute.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh so pretty... i love the image... gorgeous...Thank you so much for joining in my candy give away.. Good Luck... Big Crafty Hugs Tina x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x