Friday 31 July 2009

Beaded Snowflakes

I didn't think I was going to enter this week's Winter Wonderland Challenge, as the theme is 'Christmas Tree Decorations'...and although I like making Christmas cards all year round...this seemed like a step too far! lol

But, I was doing a bit of beading this morning (I'm not posting pics on my blog yet, as I don't want to spoil the surprise), and thought I make a couple of quick beaded snowflakes, while I had all my tools out. These are really simple and quick to do...I bought the wire 'frames' a couple of years ago, and made a load of these to give as presents. I threaded a mixture of blue and clear faceted glass beads on each frond, then turned the excess wire back on itself, to hold the beads in place...and also create a hook for hanging on the tree. As I don't have my Christmas tree out yet (lol!)...I've photographed them on my jewellery display stand:


Here's a closer look:


7 comments:

  1. Oooerr! These are just great!
    So glad you decided to join in this week.
    Hugs,
    Teri S
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen :o)

    I love your beaded snowflakes. How fab they will look on your tree :o)

    Thank you for joining us again at Winter Wonderland.

    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Helen - they will look perfect on your tree.
    hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowwee these are great they are so pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow these are really stylish,i love them xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really lovely, very inspriational

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo - really cool!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x