Wednesday 17 March 2010

ABC Challenge - Q is for...

Our challenge for you this fortnight at the ABC Challenge, is:

'Q is for Quotation'

We'd like to see you use a quotation in a prominent place on your projects.

Our sponsor for this challenge is Cute Daisy May Digi Stamps, who are offering 5 sheets of digi stamps from their store for the lucky winner.

I took one the 'Kid's Quotes' stamps by Inkadinkado for the inspiration for my card...and watercoloured 'Splashing Maggie' (by Sugar Nellie) in an assortment of rainbow colours to go with it...I thought her happy expression was the perfect match. I decided to make a side-step card in order to be able to display the quote alongside the image, and added a rainbow that I doodled on the 'step' behind the quote. For the background, I embossed some plain blue card using my 'Tiny Bubbles' Cuttlebug folder, to look like droplets of rain. I matted the image and quote with card in rainbow colours, and added a bow in rainbow ribbon (which I think came form Hobbycraft) along the bottom.

I've made a tutorial (my first ever!) of how I made this card which can be seen on the ABC Challenge Tutorial blog...and for more inspiration for this challenge, don't forget to check out the fab cards by the rest of the ABC Challenge DT, including our lovely new member Sandie! :0)

10 comments:

  1. Oh this is brilliant Helen.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card Helen. The design and papers are fab ... and that image is great!!
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is a lovely card, adore the qoute and your tutorial is fantasic x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Helen :-) I saw the tutorial over on the tutorial blog and it is fabulous :-) Well done ! :-) I love the images and quote you used ,, perfect ! :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Helen, a beautiful card!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card helen - totally love the rainbow theme and the shape of the card!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful little card Helen, love the style and the rainbow you have added :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card Helen. Just checked out the tutorial, fantastic. xo Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card! Love the image you hve used and the rainbow is so cute
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great quote & a super cute image.
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x