Tuesday 30 March 2010

Flutter Bees

Where has our lovely Spring weather gone??? It feels like Autumn today! lol
This card is for a few more of those 'Easter/Spring' themed challenges: Charisma Cardz; Fussy & Fancy Friday; PaperPlay; and Simon Says Stamp...let's hope they'll help bring back the sunshine!
I followed the sketch from Sunday Sketch & Stamp, and cobbled together an image for the 'Butterflies & Bees' Penny Black Saturday Challenge. I had lots of PB stamps with either butterflies or bees...but none with both, so decided to make my own: the bunny is from the 'Bunny Friends' stamp (I masked off his friends! lol), the bees are from the 'Every Which Way' set (they were holding an envelope...but I masked that off before inking the stamp), and the butterflies are from the 'Party Critters' set. The sparkly papers are from the 'Pocket Full of Posies' stack (by DCWV), the flowers are from the matching die cuts pack, and the sentiment stamp is by Hero Arts.

7 comments:

  1. I have to say I am impressed babes! All that work just to get B&Bs, bless, but it's brilliant. Love that little bun's expression. Gorgeous card. Hugs, squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Helen, I love the gorgeous papers and big bloom you have used its stunning :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Helen I love your "cobbled together" image - it's fabulous! and love the big flower. I think you would have been ok with butterflies or bees, but it's fab you went the extra mile and provided both - love it! :-) Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Love what you have done to get the image to include bees and butterflies.
    Hugs Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is lovely! Great papers and embellies. I like your take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Sketch and Stamp.

    Barb, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever of you to combine these images! That bunny is precious, and beautifully colored. I love these gorgeous papers and the flower! Happy Easter, and thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
    Hugs,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so adorable helen.....thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x