Wednesday 21 April 2010

ABC Christmas Challenge - I is for...

It's Jayne's turn to host the ABC Christmas Challenge this week...and the theme is:

'I is for Ice'

And her 'optional extra' is 'Snowflakes'


We are sponsored this week by Stitchy Bear Stamps...who are very generously offering the winner their choice of 3 items from their store.

The DT are all working with images provided by Stitchy Bear stamps too this week...the one I chose to use is called 'Welcome'...isn't he cute!? I decided to make an acetate card...as I thought it would look kind of 'icy'. I simply embossed the front panel using my Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes' folder, and then adhered my watercoloured snowman to the front, placing a Nestie shape on the inside behind him on which to write the greeting.


Make sure you stop by the ABC Christmas Challenge for more inspiration from my fab DT buddies.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Helen, this card is amazing. I will definitely give this a go. I love it so. hugs xo Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Helen! what a stunning card, I love the embossed acetate and that snowman is so cute!
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card, Helen! I love the acetate for the icy touch and your snowman is beautifully coloured! Thank you for your lovely comment, I really had a great time with you all and will keep watching :-) Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Your embossed acetate look brilliant. Fab card!
    Hugs
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card hunny I love the Acetate! looks sooooo frosty, a very clilly too! that snowman is sooooo cute! thanks for posting your acceptance card and your soooo welcome to your card! too!

    PS I know you are coming but my just so excited to be getting your card too! YAY! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen, that is so cool how you did that, being new at all this, everytime I see something like this, it just amazes me at the talent out there...you are so Blessed..thank you for using my image and making it look so good..

    stitchy xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Helen :-) the embossed acetate looks fantastic ! very cute image too :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x