Saturday 24 July 2010

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Fairy Tales

Before I get on to the theme of this week's Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, we have some sad news...Victoria is leaving our little team...we'll miss you!

It was Jane's turn to choose the theme this week, and she has chosen:

'Fairy Tales'

Now, I will admit that I've been dreading this challenge...I was sure I didn't have anything suitable amongst my stash...but after a rummage through my stamps, I discovered...'The Frog Prince'...well, actually he's supposed to be one of the 'Ten Lords a-leaping' from the '12 Days of Christmas' set by Penny Black. As the image is rather small, I decided to do something a little bit different, and have made a bookmark...perfect for keeping your place in your favourite book of Fairy Tales! lol 


I found some GIANT paperclips in the sale at WHSmith...perfect for a spot of altering...here's a photo of one next to a 'normal' paperclip to give you an idea of the size:


I cut my image out using one of my circle Nesties, and then matted that on to a shape cut using a scalloped circle Nestie (click here for the full range of Nesties available at the Secret Crafter), then sandwiched the paperclip in between another scalloped shape using some really strong glue, to make the back neat and tidy:


For more Fairy Tale inspiration, check out the gorgeous creations by the rest of the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge girls.

1 comment:

  1. Love how you adapted the stamp chuck. Super idea for a bookmark - that clip looks blummin' huge next to the little 'un lol.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x