Wednesday 2 May 2012

ABC Christmas Challenge - I is for...

We have a brand new ABC Christmas Challenge for you today...Lols is the host, and the theme is:

'I is for Icy Inspirational Photos'



We have two wonderful sponsors for this challenge:


From Simon Says Stamp - a $15 voucher to spend in their store!


From In 2 Stamps - a €10 gift voucher to spend in their store!

I took inspiration for my card from the first photo (I'm saving those adorable penguins for a mid-way card), and used my 'Holly & Globe' stamp by Penny Black. I inked it using 'Iced Spruce', 'Evergreen Bough' and 'Festive Berries' Distress Inks...to look like the tree and ornament in the photo. After stamping, I inked around the edges using 'Stormy Sky' and added sparkle to the leaves with 'Diamond' Stickles. The sentiment is from a set by Lili of the Valley.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please visit the ABC Christmas Challenge.

18 comments:

  1. Loving your Xmas creation.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen I love this and I think I need that stamp for my christmas cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous card.

    Hugs Riet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Helen..:o)

    Big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, this is so beautiful.
    Hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - i've just seen it over on the ABC Challenge and had to come over and let you it's great, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - love the colour of those inks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning card Helen !! absolutely GORGEOUS !!,,, LOVE it :-) This would be perfect for making a batch ,, simple and so very stylish :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful icy card and love the contrast of the red - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 70 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Helen your card is a stunner,xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks lovely Helen.
    Super card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card. Such a wonderful take on the inspiration photo.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Helen... I'm not buying this stamp! I'm not buying this stamp.... The hehehe although it's very tempting with your card looking so yummi xxx hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely Helen. Very stylish.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute your Christmas card!
    love the icying...
    Thanks for joining us at CSAYL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card, very elegant. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is great - lvoe the colour combo, it really pops!
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x