Wednesday 12 September 2012

ABC Christmas Challenge - R is for...

I have another card for our current ABC Christmas Challenge today, where the theme is:

 'R is for Recycling'

Our sponsors for this challenge are:


Prize - a $20 gift certificate to spend at the Simon Says Stamp Store!

and


From In 2 Stamps - a €10 gift voucher to spend in their store!

My recycled item this time is some spotty wrapping paper from one of the presents I received for my birthday last month: 


(By the way...the little cookbook that was inside is fabulous...I made the most delicious chocolate fudge cake from it at the weekend...yum!)

I've used a Lili of the Valley stamp called 'Mr Snowman'...he's new to me...but he's one of their older stamps. I coloured him using watercolour pencils, and added some sparkle to the snow using Stickles. After trimming the edges of the wrapping paper straight, I matted it on to black card...not something I would normally do on a Christmas card, but it really maakes to blue 'pop'...then doodled a border using a black gel pen. The sentiment stamp is from 'Joy to the World' set by Penny Black, and the black pearls are from Wild Orchid Crafts.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

PS - I have Christmas themed candy on offer here.

12 comments:

  1. Love this, the snowman is gorgeous and you were right about the black! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Helen, cute snowman.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Helen next time l get a lovely bag like that l'm going to use it in the same way its totally stunning what you have done xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! The paper works really well for a Christmas card, and like the colouring on the snowman too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, I love the image and the colours are fabulous

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the spotted paper and the very cute snowman Helen.

    Did you know you can enter your card into our current monthly challenge "early Christmas makes" at Penny Black and More this month.
    There are several lovely craft prizes up for grabs every month.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  7. that paper is just perfect for that image! love this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Helen this card is STUNNING! I LOVE the papers and LOVE the snowman too! he is MEGA cute! Great recycling! Great to see you at Top Tip Tuesday for our Recycle It! challenge this time, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS....Thanks for sharing also at Top Tip Tuesday too hunny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the sketch - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/09/52-card-pickup-week-37.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw your gorgeous card on ABC Christmas blog. I just love the colour combo and doesn't it just show you don't have to spend a fortune on pattered paper to produce something fabulous. cheers Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Helen this is gorgeous! I LOVE the recycled paper and your doodling around the edge of it is awesome!

    Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Recycle It!' challenge.

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x