Wednesday 19 September 2012

ABC Christmas Challenge - S is for...

This week at the ABC Christmas Challenge, it's Carissa's turn to host...and the theme is:

'S is for Santa Claus is Comin' to Town'

We have two amazing sponsors for this challenge:


 The fabulous Bugaboo Stamps prize is:

and


Our very own Lacey, with her awesome Stamp & Create store!


 The prize is a whopping $25 gift certificate - wowee!

I've used an adorable Santa image from Bugaboo Stamps...he's called 'Santa Stocking Present'...I coloured him using watercolour pencils. On the background, I embossed the kraft card using my Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes' folder...and used a Papermania snowflake border folder on the red piece. The sentiment stamp, heat embossed in white, is from Lili of the Valley, and the gingham ribbon is from Hobbycraft. I distressed all of the edges using my distressing tool...and doodled a border around the image using a black gel pen.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

PS - I have Christmas themed candy on offer at the moment...but you'll need to be quick, as it closes tonight...click here to find out more.

10 comments:

  1. Helen this is so beautifully designed. The colours and embellishments work so well together. Wishing you a fab Wednesday.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen you are the Queen of Embossing ;). Lovely Santa card, the kraft and red are brilliant together.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Helen. There is just "something" about kraft and red that is really special.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Helen. Love the combination of red and kraft. Sweet image. Love, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw great image and card. Thanks for joining us at CCT.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Helen :-) Santa is very cute and I love the Red with Kraft and the embossing is brill too :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    you could enter this into the Simon Says Stamp Emboss It Challenge ,,,,, :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card. I love the look of the embossed Kraft.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card Helen - love the red with the kraft - gorgeous!
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card Helen, love the image and beautiful embossing. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Helen, Love the embossing, I really like the red with Kraft! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x