Sunday 2 September 2012

Pile It On! Challenge - For a Princess

This week at Pile It On!, our challenge theme is:

'For a Princess'

Our sponsor this week is:


A Day for Daisies (will add prize info later).

I've used a Gorjuss Girl image on my card...it was an image sent to me ages ago in a swap, and I can't find her at Funky Kits, so I can't tell you what her name is unfortunately. I coloured her using watercolour pencils to match the bright Bo Bunny 'Love Bandit' papers I've used. I distressed the edges of the papers, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen. I cut a couple of flowers from the papers using my Tim Holtz/Sizzix 'Tattered Florals' die, and attached them with a sparkly brad from Craft Obsessions. The sentiment was a freebie stamp (came with a Docrafts magazine)...and is perfect for a Birthday Princess with it's little crowns, and I added some extra sparkle with some pink adhesive gems.


Here are the challenges I've piled on:

For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Pile It On! Challenge.

21 comments:

  1. beautiful card, I love the image


    sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen your card is gorgeous and the Image brings the card so beautifully together with the lovely layout and backing papers xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Helen, love the colours. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Helen, love the colours. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely creation!
    Thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card =)
    Thank you for joining us at Krafty Sentiments Designs Challenge this week and good luck with the draw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour mix and gorjuss image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Helen!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty Helen...love the colours hun...:o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorjuss card Helen. Love your pretty papers and design, and fab image. She's called 'Just a Girl'. She's been lurking in my stamp box for a while now but hasn't seen ink yet!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet card with your cute image.Thank you for sharing with our handmade flower challenge at Love to Create!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your wonderful card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your distressing. Thank you for playing along this week at The Stamping Boutique. Good luck in the challenge and I hope to see you in the next challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl TSB DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card love the bright colour combo, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this adorable image. Your card is so PRETTY!! Thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique.

    DT Yolie
    http://www.justyolie.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous creation love the colours & image.

    Thank you for joining us girlies over at Crafts & Me, hope you will join us again next time.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely card Helen love the image too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is my style. I love it. Thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique. Good Luck~Patti TSB DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x