Saturday 8 September 2012

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Back to School

This week it's Linda's turn to choose the theme of the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, which is:

'Back to School'
(Eeeek!)

Our sponsor for this challenge is:


The prize is a $10 voucher to spend in the Digi Doodles store!

I'm a music teacher, so it's back to school for me too...and I've made myself a little notebook to help me keep track of all the pieces that pupils and people in the the various ensembles I teach/conduct have requested, so that I remember to arrange them for them! The image is 'Toot the Flute' by Penny Black, which I cooured using watercolour pencils. The spotty paper is from the 'Festive Frost' by My Mind's Eye, and I made the musical paper by stamping a Hero Arts background stamp in 'Tea Dye' Distress Ink on the reverse of a piece of My Mind's Eye '29th Street Market' paper. I distressed all of the edges, with my distressing tool, and more 'Tea Dye' ink, then added some adhesive pearls, and lettering cut using my Cuttlebug 'Olivia' alphabet.


I'm also entering this notebook into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.

14 comments:

  1. love your letters must put that style of die on my wish list :) another gorgeous card hun
    have a great weekend
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kind of card :), lovely ! Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch challenge. Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Helen. I am glad to see this student is practicing. Lovely image and layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw!!!! this is super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Helen. I love the PB stamp and your design look great too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen, Oh wow what a fabulous image your card is stunning and the backing papers are gorgeous too! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card that matched the music theme of our challenge perfectly a super image as well
    Thanks for joining the Kaboodle Doodles challenge and good luck
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card Helen.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh! that digi image is soooo cute! Wonderful card!

    Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Music, Dance or Any of the Arts” Challenge!

    Kath
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh what a fab image and the papers are perfect
    Sorry i haven't been around much - but hopefully normal service is now resumed lol
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaww I adore this puddy cat Helen! Just gorgeous :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, Helen. I adore that cute image.

    Hugs from one muso to another,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Helen, that is one super cute image and you've coloured it beautifully.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our Stamptember celebrations
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x