Friday 14 December 2012

Winter Wedding

My flatmate's brother is getting married today, and he asked me to make a card for him to give to the happy couple...the brief was 'not cute...white, but not all white...maybe some blue...that'd look nice' - this is what I came up with:


I went Cuttlebug Crazy...using lots of different embossing folders (Swiss Dots, D'Vine Swirls, Textile, Kassie's Brocade and Victoria), and 'Concentric Hearts' and 'Olivia' alphabet dies for the hearts and flowers. I distressed all of the edges a little using my distressing tool, and added adhesive pearls, seam binding ribbon (from the Ribbon Girls) and gemstone brads (from Craft Obsessions). The sentiment stamp is from a set by Lili of the Valley. The ribbon just poking out on the right-hand side, is on the end of a tag (on which he can write his message)...I made a little pocket to hold it underneath the fold - I never know where to write on an easel card! I also made a simple box to pur it in...but forgot to photogragh it! Ooops! Here's a side view:


Challenges for this card:

12 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous pop up card!

    Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Challenge this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Helen the colour and design is so beautiful. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and works wonderfully with our current sketch! I love the blues on the white and I think you stayed withing your flatmate's requirements very nicely! Thanks for joining us for the Seems A Little Sketchy Challenge!
    http://sandyscraftycreations.blogspot.com/2012/12/happy-holidays-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Helen. Thank you for joining us at Love to Create this week and sending you Merry Christmas Greetings.
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Helen this a gorgeous easel card. Love the monochromatic colours.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog} {Doing Life 400 Follower Give Away}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Helen you did a great job its gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great wedding card Helen. I love all the Cuttlebug element. It works so well. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, it's gorgeous. I'm sure that this will be a treasured memento of their special day.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty and stylish Helen - I'm sure they'll love it
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous and beautiful card Helen love the colour's thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! hope the wedding went well and I am sure he loved the card too! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your gorgeous beautiful card Helen.

    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x