Tuesday 9 April 2013

Nappy Cake

One of my friends is having a baby...so I thought I'd have a go at making her a nappy cake!


It's been a bit of a labour of love...and took me most of the weekend...what with the shopping for bits...and then trying to put it all together...making sure it all looked neat! I finally added the finishing touches yesterday, after an exhaustive search to find a cuddly toy in the right colours and of the right size!


 Here's a close-up of said cuddly toy (and some sock flowers/candles)...I'd really been looking for a bear, but this little pup stole my heart!


Nearly all of the baby clothes, blanket & towel came from Boots...the little booties tucked into the folded towel on the bottom layer are from TKMaxx (as is the cuddly toy).


I made a little tag using Nesties, and Penny Black bear image ('Snug'), and alphabet stamps from OneFourZero...and wrote a list of 'ingredients' on the inside:


I followed the advice I'd seen on various blogs, and didn't use things for new-borns...I'm sure my friend will recieve plenty of those!

Just to show you...it's even fairly neat on the back!


The baby was due last Thursday (4th April)...but has yet to make an appearance! My friends are doing it the 'old-fashioned' way...and decided not to find out the gender...so that's why I've not gone for blue or pink!

**Edited to add**

I've just found out that the wee one arrived safely this morning at 9.25am...it's a girl!

I'm going to enter this into the following challenges:

16 comments:

  1. WOW Helen, it's been a while since I have seen one of these and I am always in awe of how they are put together and you have done an amazing job with this one! Gorgeous items and colours and the fact you have done a little recipe tag too is just brilliant. Your friend will love this! Great to have you playing along at Ready-Teddy-Go this month. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very very cute and adorable, Helen, I'm sure your friend will love this fab present for the little new one,
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous gift - I love the tag so your friends can see what it contains without taking it apart!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it's gorgeous hun and what an amazing job you have done too, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation Helen.
    Lovely gift.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant Helen ,love it, great idea to add he tag too and love that cute pup.
    Hugs Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful Helen.


    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely gift for your friend, its just gorgeous and so useful. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's fabulous and i love the colour scheme
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow Helen what a fabulous baby cake this is the first i have seen of this kind....pity its not edable...lol they will love it and it would be nice if baby did make an appearance xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks fantastic Helen. Your friend will be delighted with it. Everything will be useful for her new baby girl. Bet you can't wait to see the new baby.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous project, love the recipe tag and all the lovely layers of baby things. Thanks for joining us for the Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge.

    Sylvia xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very Beautiful card
    Thanks for joining us at
    Stamping sensations

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow love this, what a fantastic idea for a new baby! Thanks for joining us for our ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge at Ready-Teddy-Go! Hope to see you again soon x
    Debbie Dt

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow helen this is stunning - truly scrumptious!! :-) I bet it was very enthusiastically received.
    hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x