Monday 11 November 2013

Bicycles...

I have another bicycle themed project to share today...this time I've given a freebie notebook (from Barclay's Bank) a makeover for my flatmate who is obsessed with bikes, and makes lots and lots of notes! This is how the notebook started life:


And this is what it looks like now:


I used stamps from the Hero Arts 'Bicycles' and Avery Elle 'Roll with It' sets...stamping them on to paper from the 'Party Days' pad by Crate Paper. I inked the edges using 'Brushed Corduroy' Distress Ink, doodled a border, and matted it on to sme kraft card before varnishing it (to make it more durable), and sticking it to the notebook. I decorated the back too:


I cut some notches out of a couple of the corners where the elastic wrap is, and added a sentiment from the Hero Arts 'What a Life' cling stamp set.

Challenges for this notebook:

6 comments:

  1. What a great makeover Helen! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your altered notebook! The different bicycle images are so fabulous together. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeekkkk!!! I love it! This is one of my favorite this to do, is alter journals and I love yours... Thank You so much for joining us this week and sharing your fabulous project with us. Good Luck and Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your altered notebook it's super cuteness! Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps for our anything goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great recover you have done
    Thanks for joining us this week over at Charisma Cardz challenge blog.
    Good Luck with the challenge
    Hugs
    Marie (A Charisma Gal)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool gift idea! I love this notebook :) Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x