Friday 21 February 2014

I want to ride my bicycle...

I inked up some of my (many) bicycle stamps to create a simple masculine card...these ones are a Hero Arts cling set simply called 'Bicycles'. I used shades of Distress Inks (Mowed Lawn, Brushed Corduroy & Spiced Marmalade), a sentiment stamp from a set by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous called 'Going Somewhere', then simply doodled a border using a black gel pen.


Challenges for this card:
While I has my bicycle stamps and Distress Inks out...I used them to create a piece of wall art:


I used the same stamps as on the card above, another Hero Arts one ('Classic Bike') and a couple from a set by Avery Elle called 'Roll With It'...I had to play around a little bit with layout to get them to fit on my A4 card, but I'm pleased with the end result. The frame is from The Range.

This is going to go on the wall in my new craft space...I'm going to be sharing it with my flatmate, who will be using it as an office for his business...he runs cycling training courses...sells bikes...and generally eats, sleeps & breathes all things bike...so that explains my choice of images!

I will be making some others...but thought I'd start with this one as a sweetener...I'm not sure he realises the full extent of my craft stash! I'm usually only a weekend crafter (except during the school holidays...I'm a music teacher) and all of my stash is currently stored in boxes in a cupboard on the landing...I'm hoping that if I have easier access to my stash, and a dedicated space for crafting, that I might be able to sneak some in during the week!

Right now the room is completely empty...our other flatmate moved out last weekend...we have a trip to Ikea planned to pick up some pieces of furniture, and various bits'n'pieces for storage, so hopefully it won't be too long before it will be usable. I'm so excited about finally having a dedicated place to craft (even if I'm having to share it!)...up until now it's mainly been on the floor in my room!

Challenges for my stamped bicycle artwork:

13 comments:

  1. Great card Helen, but the framed piece is fabulous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your wall art great job..thks for joining us over at One Crazy Stamper!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture, such a different thing to do. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week for our Anything Goes Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like your card and especially the doodled border, LOVE that wall art, amazing!
    Thanks for joining Less is More's masculine challenge this week
    Anne
    Guest "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant Helen, I love that doodled border!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great creation. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Hope to see you back soon again.
    Hugs Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card and piece of wall art. So creative.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving this wall art hu - thanks so much for joining us at My All Crafts Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great mans card thanks for joining our challenge this month at challenges 4 everybody.
    Good luck
    Fiona dt. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cool card...perfect for a man! :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow those are some really really awesome stamps!!! The card is just a fabulous CAS look! Love how you have used the different colors. your wall art is also great! Very clever.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative knockouts this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky. I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 500 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2014/02/woooow-celebration-in-order-its-500.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card. Love the stamps.
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts
    Hugs Helen (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x