Monday 9 June 2014

Father's Day Star

I have a Father's Day card to share today...it's not for my Dad (you can see his card here)...it's for my flatmate's Dad...in fact I made him a choice of two, as I was unable to fulfill his request of 'a card with mountains with sheep or goats on'! For this one, I played around with my Distress Inks...blending shades of blue and green (Salty Ocean, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Bundled Sage, Forest Moss & Pine Needles) on to a piece of white card. Then I spritzed some water over it, and stamped my Hero Arts 'Zig Zag' background stamp lightly over the top. I used my star Nesties to cut out a star, then cut the smaller one from that...mounting it inside the larger star aperture on 3D foam pads. The sentiment stamp is from the Hero Arts 'Sentiments' set, and I doodled the borders using a black gel pen.


Challenges for this card:

2 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous is your card so beautifully presented too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done, Helen, love your background! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x