I have my version of Tim Holtz's October tag for his 12 Tags of 2014 to share with you today...
I didn't really have any of the products he used...but just fancied having one last play with my Hallowe'en stash before I tidied it away for another year...so improvised rather a lot!
I started by stamping my spider (from the Penny Black 'Be very scared!' set), then I used a Tim Holtz texture fade to emboss the background...blending Distress Inks over the top (Spiced Marmalade, Crushed Olive & Seedless Preserves). I then spritzed over the top with some 'Antique Gold' Cosmic Shimmer pigment mixed with water in a mini mister. I distressed the edges a little, then inked the edges with 'Black Soot' Distress Ink. My pumpkins are also a Penny Black stamp (from the 'Spooky' set...I coloured then using watercolour pencils, then coated the with Glossy Accents before cutting them out, inking the edges with more 'Black Soot' and mounting them using 3D foam pads. The lettering was done using my Cuttlebug 'Olivia' alphabet, the little spider charm (there's a pumpkin on the other side) is from a My Mind's Eye die cut elements sheet, and the twine is from the Ribbon Girls.
Here's a shot under artificial light showing the gloss and shimmer:
Challenges for this tag:
- Crafting for All Seasons - Tag It
- Crafty Sentiments - Trick or Treat/Something Sweet
- Crazy Challenge - Spooky Nights
- Crazy4Challenges - Photo Inspiration
- Dream Valley - Halloween
- Gem of a Challenge - Halloween
- Inky Impressions - Halloween
- Simply Create Too - Shop in Your Craft Room (Everything I've used on this tag is at least a year old...some of the things I've had for more then five years!)
- Stampavie & More - Not a Card
- Sweet Stampin' - Anything but a Card
- Sweet Stamps - Spooky
- That Craft Place - Halloween