Sunday 16 August 2015

Dog - gone it!

I have another two cards to share today...I seem to be making a bit of a habit of blogging two cards at once lately! I didn't set out make these cards so similar, but once I'd cut my snippet of green card in a wavy shape for the grass on the first card...I realised that the layout would also work for the second card too...as long as I fussy cut the other dog! These cute pups were also birthday presents (from the 'Man's Best Friend' set by Penny Black, and are coloured using watercolour pencils. I used aqua blue card for the card base for a change...to save adding an additional layer...and stamped in Versamark Ink using my Hero Arts 'Magical Swirls' background stamp for the 'sky'...although you can hardly see it in the photo. I used another Hero Arts background stamp ('Zig-Zag') on the 'grass'...and also pierced some holes along the top edge using my pokey tool. I added the sentiments in little speech bubbles cut using a Sizzix Thinlit die from a snippet of white card...the 'dog-gone' one is from the same stamp set as the dogs, and the 'Yippee!' is from the 'Anytime Messages' set by Hero Arts.




Challenges for these cards:

17 comments:

  1. They're really cute. I like the speech bubbles. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Helen, I love it. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for entering the 'Clean and Simple' Challenge at Crafty Friends with your beautiful cards.. that little dog is just so cute... hope to see you again... Good Luck
    Diane Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two super cards Helen! I do so love the doggie - and such a great idea to use up both die cut backgrounds at the same time. Good to see you in the Playground again :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What fun and fabulous cards Helen and I can't blame you making 2 with those colourful and cute dogs hanging around your desk. Great scenes and great CAS cards.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable pair of cards Helen! These are really fun.
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO cute and fun!!! Love those little pups and your fun, fun cards.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a real sweetie!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely fun card. Love your little dog and the sentiment is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fab stamps! Such happy cards.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such fun cards Helen.

    Made me smile.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Friends,hope to see you again soon.

    Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Love Love these cards...soooo adorable! I am also your latest follower! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww so fun and cute, love it. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous cards, such fun images.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends.
    Pauline
    x
    I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Popped over to say congratulations for your win at the Snippets Playground, and got to enjoy these 2 cute & fun Puppy cards. Excellent motifs to bring a smile to the recipient's face, and loved the way you've done the grass for these puppies to scamper in. Clever design, great use of some cute stamps too. Enjoy your new die. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so tickled to see you in the SHOWCASE at LIM, Helen!! These cards are just so much fun and absolutely brilliant for the sketch!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x