'E is for Embossing'
(Wet or Dry)
Our sponsor for this challenge is Wild Rose Studio:
And the prize is this fab flourish die:
I heat embossed a snowy background on my card using a Hero Arts stamp, Versamark ink and white embossing powder. I embossed the snowflakes on a piece of watercolour card that I had inked using Distress Inks and the 'smooshing' technique a while ago when I made this card. The colours I used were: Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon & Peacock Feathers. I cut a curved border at the bottom of the panel using a Lawn Fawn 'Stitched Hillside' border die. I coloured the Lili of the Valley 'Snowman' using watercolour pencils to match, and added a sentiment (from the 'Jolly Christmas Sentiments' set by C C Designs/Pollycraft).
I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
- As You Like It - Favourite Occasion (Christmas...I love to make Christmas cards all year round...that way I get to enjoy a little bit of Christmas magic whenever I like)
- Christmas at Sweet Stampin' - Snowflakes
- Come & Get It - Monochrome
- Crafter's Cafe - Inspired by a Song (Frosty the Snowman)
- Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - Use Sentiment
- Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra - Anything Christmas
- Crimbo Crackers - Die Cuts
- Holly Jolly Christmas - Add Sentiment
- Sparkle 'N Sprinkle - Anything Goes with loose Glitter/Embossing Powder
- Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- Winter Wonderland - Use a Sentiment
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.
I have candy on offer at the moment...you can find it here.