Friday 1 April 2016

Blast Off!

Something a little different from me today...this card is for a friend's daughter's third birthday (her birthday is only a couple of days after her Mum's...and I shared her Mum's card yesterday). She's very into rockets/space/Buzz Lightyear at the moment, and is having a space themed party, so I thought I'd have a go at making a rocket shaped card for her. I found a simple template on Google images, and printed it out on to a piece of card...I adapted it slightly, cutting off the smoke/exhaust flames and re-sizing the middle fin so that it would stand up. I cut two rocket shapes out of thick kraft card to make the front and back of my card, then used my original template to cut shapes to decorate both sides from card in pastel shades...it might be a rocket, but it can still be girly! I used one of my little oval Nesties to cut some 'alien' heads...I was aiming to make something similar to the three aliens in Toy Story...but couldn't figure out how to make their antennae! I added a sentiment (from the 'Cupcakes' set by Hero Arts) to a die cut speech bubble (using a Sizzix/Craft Asylum die), some die cut stars (Nesties), some silver adhesive pearls (Hobbycraft) to look like rivets, and finally some googly eyes on the aliens. Before I stuck it all together, I inked around all of the edges using 'Old Paper' Distress Ink.






































I made a crease at the top of the back piece before I glued the two pieces together so that the card would stand up:


Here are the two cheeky little aliens on the back:






































Challenges for this card:

16 comments:

  1. A super card with a girly feel. I think she will love it. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work on your rocket shaped card. Great design and thank you for sharing with us at Penny's Paper Crafty. Hope to see you again and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥
    Aud Sentiments
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute boy card. i love it!!! Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen, this is a wonderful card - I love everything about it. Such a fun design and lovely combination of colours.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Love the design!
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting with Friends
    Veronique DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous creation and so cute, thank you for sharing this with us at Sparkles Monthly , hope to see you next time..
    Hugs Babs DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is Adorable!!! And just so well done!!! :)

    Your ABC Teamie,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute.Thank you so much for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.

    Hugs Helen P (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cute little alien! Your card is adorable! Thank you for playing along at ABC Challenge! Good luck and please play along again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is super cute! I love the colors! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card! Love the idea. Thank you for joining in with us this week on Cute Card Thursday. Lynn - CCT Design Team xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great card - thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this rocket card, thank you for joining us at Crafts Galore Challenge for our ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge, hope to see you again. Emma DT x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks really pretty, thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun card! It will bring a smile to the lucky recipient! Thank you for joining our fun at ABC Challenge. Good luck and please join us again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x