Friday 12 August 2016

Sun-kissed

If you're thinking that today's card looks a little familiar, then you'd be right...I made the smooshed ink background at the same time as my PBSC DT card for this month's challenge (which you can see here)...and also heat embossed in white over the top. The Distress Ink colours I used for the background were: Picked Raspberry, Wild Honey, Cracked Pistachio & Mermaid Lagoon...this was the second piece of watercolour paper, so the colours are not as intense, as I'd added some more water to the inks. I used a new (to me) Penny Black flower stamp called 'Sun-kissed'...and stamped it using Versamark Ink, then heat embossed it in white. The sentiment stamp is also heat embossed in white...it's from the 'Fabulous Birthday' set by Hero Arts. I distressed the edges a little, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a white gel pen.


Challenges for this card:


9 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card, Helen! I love the colours and the faux stitching detail, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, gorgeous colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely design and creation Helen, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done -- I need one of these "Cutterbebug" things!!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card, love the technique. Lovely colour bursts.

    Thanks for joining us over at CRAFT, hope to see you again. Good Luck xx
    Jean DT XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Helen! this is beautiful!! I just love the white EP on your sweetly colored background.

    Thanks a bunch for playing along at Seize The birthday!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! Love the softly sponged background with the white embossed flowers. Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Helen, love the colours.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts August challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x